The (Re)usable Data Project
For more information go to: http://reusabledata.org
MoonProt 2.0 release
If you have information to submit to the database or you want to help with moonlight protein curation (as a volunteer), please contact: Connie Jeffery
Need to hire a biocurator?
Funding Opportunities from the ISB
The ISB offers microgrants to sponsor local and regional short meetings of ISB members to foster synergy of their work efforts.
To promote collaboration and exchange between biocuration groups ISB offers fellowships. The fellowship will fund the visit of a biocurator to another laboratory or organization with long experience in biocuration.
Biocuration Training Materials Available Online
If you have materials you’d like to contribute and make publicly available, please let us know.
Our first fellow!
Congratulations to Dr. Luana Licata from the MINT database at the University of Rome Tor Vergata, who received our first fellowship. She will visit the Protein Function Team at EMBL-EBI and the Gene Annotation Team at the UCL London, to learn Gene Ontology (GO) annotation.
- Save the date! The 12th International Biocuration Conference will be held in at the University of Cambridge, in Cambridge, UK from April 7-10, 2019. Further details to follow.
- Other related meeting and conferences are on our website
Executive Committee Elections
The Executive Committee Elections will be held this fall for 4 vacancies. The call for nominations for the Executive Committee will be announced soon, please check your inboxes.
Call for volunteers
We have a variety of needs for the ISB, and we’d love your help. Please contact us if you’d like to help out with any of the tasks below:
- Maintain and improve the WordPress site that is running
- Optimize membership signup / renewal / reporting system.
- Contribute to Society’s presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Contribute to selection of impactful exchange fellowships.
- Contribute to selection of relevant candidates for the ISB elections.
- Contribute to selection of ISB awardees.
- Are you willing to act as a reviewer for journals who need your expertise?
Share your news and ideas with the ISB
Have an upcoming paper that you’d like to highlight for the ISB community? Let us know.
We welcome your feedback and ideas. Please contact us at email@example.com