Each year, the ISB will give the Biocuration career award to a person who has made sustained contributions to the field of biocuration.
Biocuration Career Award
The Biocuration Career Award recognizes biocurators in non-leadership positions who have made sustained contributions to the field of biocuration. The recipient will be required to present a talk at the annual Biocuration Conference, with expenses paid by the ISB. The nominations will be reviewed by the ISB Award Committee, comprised of one member of the ISB’s Executive Committee (ISB-EC) and six (6) additional members from the wider biocuration community; these members were nominated by the ISB-EC based on diversity in area of expertise, organization type, role, and geographic location.
Who can nominate and/or be nominated?
- Any currently active ISB member may nominate anyone in the field of biocuration, whether the potential nominee is a member of ISB or not.
- Members of the ISB can make no more than 1 nomination per award.
- Those who hold Principal Investigator or Group Leader positions are not eligible for the Biocuration Career Award.
- Current members of the Executive Committee or the ISB Award Committee are not eligible for the awards.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.