Membership of the International Society for Biocuration is open to anyone who has an interest in the field of biocuration, including (but not restricted to) curators, database developers, software engineers, Principal Investigators, bioinformaticians, etc.
The ISB was established by members of the biocuration community for the benefit of the biocuration community. Members help to further establish biocuration as a recognized field and a promising career choice. As well, members contribute to the future direction of our field by participating in the annual biocuration conference and by voting on society proceedings and actions.
Here are a few great reasons to become a member of the ISB:
Our collective voice promotes, represents, and advocates for you and for science in general
- As part of the ISB, you have opportunities to lead and influence the field with your vision.
- Together we promote strong data sharing and interoperability standards, guidance on evaluation of public data sources and databases, open science, etc.
- Each year, the ISB Career Award is given to an ISB member, and the Exceptional Contributions to Biocuration Award is given every two years.
- Click below to see past award winners below:
- Discounted registration at the annual Biocuration conference
- Members may apply for travel fellowships to the annual Biocuration conference
- Exchange Fellowships are available to members
- 20% discount on publication costs with Database (the Official Journal of ISB). For more information about the membership discount, click here.
Connecting to the Scientific Community
- Representing your expertise
- F1000Research – ISB/Biocuration dedicated channel
- Connect with training opportunities (e.g. Goblet, Elixir’s TeSS, Carpentries, etc.)
- Collaboration potential: “team science” increasingly needs biocuration and related tools; connect with other colleagues for grant proposals
- Mailing List to 900 individuals (free of cost)
- Job Postings (free of cost)
Membership provides eligibility to:
- Serve on the ISB Nominations Committee
- Serve the community as an officer:
- Elections Officer
- Membership Officer
- Outreach Officer
How to join the ISB
To become a member of the ISB, go to member registration.