ISB will provide two travel fellowships (1’500 CHF each) to current ISB members aiming to attend the [BC]2 Basel Computational Biology Conference. Students, junior curators, curators from low-income countries, and curators from countries suffering from natural disasters are encouraged to apply.
Each travel fellowship will be issued as 1’500 CHF one-time payment to cover the travel expenses (e.g. flight and ground transportation) to [BC]2.
- ISB Travel Fellows will benefit from a free registration to [BC]2.
- ISB Travel Fellows will receive the funds after the decision has been taken; organisation of the travel has to be organised by the ISB Travel Fellows themselves.
- Once notified, ISB Travel Fellows have to register in the conference.
Requirements and procedures
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be an active ISB member (check here on how to become an ISB Member).
- Using the official application form, the applicant must explain why s/he is requesting travel funds and how s/he envisions that attending the [BC]2 conference will benefit her/his career (max. 500 words).
- Application Deadline: application material should be sent the latest by Wednesday, 30 June 2021, 23:59 CET.
The award notification will be sent via email in mid-July and announced on the ISB and [BC]2 website after acceptance of the award.
- 4 June 2021 – Fellowship call opens
- 30 June 2021 – Fellowship call closes
- mid-July – Acceptance notification