The International Biocuration Conference is a unique event for
curators and developers of biological databases to discuss their work, promote collaborations, and foster a sense of community in this very active and growing area of research.
Since 2012 DATABASE, the Journal of Biological Databases and
Curation, has been publishing a yearly Biocuration Virtual Issue with peer-reviewed works from our members attending the Biocuration conference. Find out more about the Biocuration Virtual Issue of DATABASE on their website.
12th International Biocuration Conference
The 12th International Biocuration Conference will be held in at the University of Cambridge, in Cambridge, UK from April 7-10, 2019. Further details to follow.
Previous Biocuration Conferences
The 11th International Biocuration Conference was held at
the Crown Plaza Hotel, Fudan University, in Shangai, China on April 8-11, 2018.
The 8th International Biocuration Conference was held on April 23-26th, 2015 in Beijing, China. See the 2015 Biocuration Virtual Issue from DATABASE.
The 7th International Biocuration Conference was held at OICR in Toronto, Canada on April 6-9th, 2014. The 2014 Biocuration Virtual Issue is available from DATABASE.
The 5th International Biocuration Conference was held in Washington, DC, USA, April 2-4, 2012
- The 2012 Biocuration Virtual Issue is available from DATABASE
- Some presentations from Biocuration 2012 are available at Biocuration 2012 on SlideShare
The 4th International Biocuration Conference was held in Tokyo, Japan, October 11-14, 2010
- Presentations are available on Biocuration 2010 collection from Nature Precedings
- Group picture: 4th Biocuration Conference Group Picture
The 3rd International Biocuration Conference was held in Berlin, Germany, April 16–19, 2009
- Audio of presentations are available on SciVee
- Presentations are available on Nature Precedings
- 2009 Biocuration meeting evaluation survey results.
The 2nd International Biocuration Meeting was held in San Jose, CA, October 25-28, 2007
The 1st International Biocuration Meeting was held in Asilomar, CA, December 8-11, 2005
A rare photo of attendees at the first Biocuration Conference