The International Biocuration Conference is a unique event for
curators and developers of biological databases to discuss their work, promote collaborations, and foster a sense of community in this very active and growing area of research.
Since 2012 DATABASE, the Journal of Biological Databases and
Curation, has been publishing a yearly Biocuration Virtual Issue with peer-reviewed works from our members attending the Biocuration conference. Find out more about submissions here. The deadline for submission to the 2020 virtual issue was October 31, 2019.
We aim to hold the ISB conference in North/South America, Australia/Asia or Europe on a rotating basis. A call for bids for the 2022 conference in Europe will be announced in 2020. For further inquires about hosting the ISB conference, please email us.
The 13th International Biocuration Conference will be held in Bar Harbor, Maine, USA from May 17-20, 2020. Registration is now open and key deadlines are on the website.
- October 31, 2019 – Paper Submission Deadline
- January 24, 2020 – Abstract and Workshop Submission Deadline
- February 09, 2020 – Extended deadline for pre-meeting workshops and posters
- March 6, 2020 – Notification of Acceptance
- April 6, 2020 – Early Bird Registration Ends
- May 8, 2020 – Registration Deadline
More info about visiting Bar Habor is here.
Previous Biocuration Conferences
The 12th International Biocuration Conference was held at the University of Cambridge, in Cambridge, UK from April 7-10, 2019.
Slides from the Annual General Meeting are here.
The 11th International Biocuration Conference was held at
the Crown Plaza Hotel, Fudan University, in Shangai, China on April 8-11, 2018.
The 8th International Biocuration Conference was held on April 23-26th, 2015 in Beijing, China. See the 2015 Biocuration Virtual Issue from DATABASE.
The 7th International Biocuration Conference was held at OICR in Toronto, Canada on April 6-9th, 2014. The 2014 Biocuration Virtual Issue is available from DATABASE.
The 5th International Biocuration Conference was held in Washington, DC, USA, April 2-4, 2012
- The 2012 Biocuration Virtual Issue is available from DATABASE
- Some presentations from Biocuration 2012 are available at Biocuration 2012 on SlideShare
The 4th International Biocuration Conference was held in Tokyo, Japan, October 11-14, 2010
- Presentations are available on Biocuration 2010 collection from Nature Precedings
- Group picture: 4th Biocuration Conference Group Picture
The 3rd International Biocuration Conference was held in Berlin, Germany, April 16–19, 2009
- Presentations are available on Nature Precedings
The 2nd International Biocuration Meeting was held in San Jose, CA, October 25-28, 2007
The 1st International Biocuration Meeting was held in Asilomar, CA, December 8-11, 2005
A rare photo of attendees at the first Biocuration Conference