This two day, face-to-face, event will provide an opportunity to catch up on new areas of biocuration and develop your biocuration network
Due to the pandemic the UK-based biocurators are organising a small local biocuration conference on Thursday 5th – Friday 6th May 2022 at EMBL-EBI on the Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK.
Yasmin Alam-Faruque (Co-chair) Healx, UK
Rachael Huntley (Co-chair) SciBite, UK
Ruth Lovering UCL, UK
Sandra Orchard EMBL-EBI, UK
Arzu Ozturk Colak FlyBase, University of Cambridge, UK
Pablo Porras Millan AstraZeneca, UK
Mary-Ann Tuli GigaSciencePress, UK
Registration closed – Deadline 4th April 2022
Abstract submission closed – Deadline April 4th 2022
The event will be two full days and the programme highlights include:
- Two Keynote lectures covering data harmonisation and application of bioinformatic resources
- Presentations sessions focused on data curation, biocuration systems, ontologies and community curation
- Poster sessions to promote biocuration progress
- Five Parallel workshop tracks (over 2 days)
- Networking reception event – an excellent opportunity to engage with colleagues
- Poster and presentation prizes
Read the full programme here
Abstract book available here
Parallel workshops (click here to read the workshop abstracts).
Thursday 5th May 2-4pm
- Defining biocuration activities (Damien Piovesan – Apicuron)
- FAIR and Industry (Rachael Huntley – SciBite)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Mary-Ann Tuli – ISB)
Friday 6th May 2-4pm
- Curate your career (Arzu Ozturk-Colak – ISB)
- ELIXIR training resource collection (Alexandra Holinski – EBI Training Team)
- Kenneth Baillie (Roslin Institute, University of Edinburgh) who is investigating the Genetic mechanisms of critical illness in Covid-19.
- Dr Melanie Courtot (Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, OICR) who will be talking on data harmonisation.
Registration includes refreshments and box lunches during the conference.
- Data Curation (includes functional annotation, phenotypes, genotypes and variants)
- Software, Applications and Systems in Biocuration (includes text mining, machine learning, curation tools, data visualisation, large scale/predictive annotation)
- Data Standards and Ontologies (FAIR)
- Community Curation (includes interactions with the broader scientific community, grassroots curation)
Poster information: Poster boards are A0 portrait, please mount posters on Thursday morning
Presentation information: Email the chair of your session your slides the day before your talk
Data Standards and Ontologies (FAIR) Session Chair: Rachael Huntley
Community Curation Session I Chair: Sandra Orchard
Software, Applications and Systems in Biocuration Session I and II Chair: Sandra Orchard
Community Curation Session II Chair: Arzu Ozturk Colak
Data Curation Session I Chair: Ruth Lovering
Data Curation Session II Chair: Arzu Ozturk Colak
- In line with EventBrite policies: if the event is cancelled – full registration fee refunds will be issued.
- For booking cancellations received up to 4 April 2022 – refunds are available, however the booking fee is not refundable.
- Please ensure that any bookings you make for accommodation and travel are fully refundable as it is possible that this meeting will be cancelled at the last minute. The organisers will not cover any financial losses due to cancellations.
Looking forward to seeing you in 2022!
The ISB 1st UK-local Biocuration Conference Organisers.
Please note that photographs and footage will be taken throughout the event. These will be used by the ISB to promote future Biocuration meetings. Please use this form if you do not wish to appear in any photos or footage.