The Executive Committee of the International Society for Biocuration would like to once again invite tenders to host the 13th International Biocuration Conference during the Northern Spring or Summer of 2020.
Individuals and organizations interested in applying may do so by sending a proposal to the ISB Executive Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before August 31, 2018.
The successful bidder will be notified by October 1, 2018. The ISB Executive Committee will publicly announce the selected organization or individuals during the 12th International Biocuration Conference, to be held in Cambridge, UK in April, 2019.
Proposals should be short; length should not exceed one side of an A4 or US letter size sheet, using 11 point font.
The proposal should contain:
- The name and institution of the local organizer
- Details of the proposed venue for up to 350 participants
- The range of dates available for the conference
- A brief outline of a strategic plan to attract a broad range of participants from the Biocuration community
- As fair gender representation is positively encouraged by the ISB; we would also like to know how the applicant intends to promote this.
In a continued effort to bring our meeting to curators in all geographic regions, we strongly encourage ISB members to put forward proposals to bring the ISB meeting to your region once again, or for the first time! Based on ISB meeting region rotation, for ISB 2020 we are encouraging a location in the Americas, but will also consider other locations.
Asia and Australasia
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your colleagues at the ISB Executive Committee.