As part of the Biocuration 2020 conference we had received excellent workshop proposals from several groups. Since the cancellation of the meeting we have been working with interested workshop organizers to bring this part of the conference online. We are excited to announce that we now have 3 workshops scheduled for the fall:
- September – Biocompute Objects: Methods for communicating provenance of data and analysis
- Organizers: Charles Hadley King, Raja Mazumder, Jonathon Keeney; George Washington University
- October – Gene Wiki: how to synchronize and curate primary sources with and in Wikidata
- Organizers: Andra Waagmeester, Micelio, Gene Wiki
- November – Biolink Model – A community driven data model for life sciences
- Organizers: Deepak Unni, Chris Mungall, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Exact dates for each workshop will be announced soon.
All workshops will be free to all participants.
There is a Slack workspace set up to facilitate communication between organizers and participants. If you are interested in attending any of these workshops please email biocuration2020 @ gmail.com and we will send you an invite to the Slack workspace.