The Executive Committee of the International Society for Biocuration would like to once again invite tenders to host the 11th International Biocuration Conference during the Northern Spring or Summer of 2018.
Individuals and organizations interested in applying may do so by sending a proposal to the ISB Executive Committee on or before 9 September 2016.
We would very much appreciate an email indicating early intentions to bid.
The successful bidder will be notified by 7 October 2016. The ISB Executive Committee will publicly announce the selected organization or individuals during the 10th International Biocuration Conference, to be held in Stanford, California in March, 2017.
Format: Proposals should be short; length should not exceed one side of an A4 or US letter size sheet, using 11 point font.
The proposal should contain:
- The name and institution of the local organizer
- Details of the proposed venue for up to 350 participants
- The range of dates available for the conference
- A brief outline of a strategic plan to attract a broad range of participants from the Biocuration community
- As fair gender representation is positively encouraged by the ISB; we would also like to know how the applicant intends to promote this.
In a continued effort to bring our meeting to curators in all geographic regions, we strongly encourage ISB members in Asia and Australasia to put forward proposals to bring the ISB meeting to your region once again, or for the first time!
More information about the ISB and our previous conferences, can be found on this website. Start at http://www.biocuration.org
We look forward to hearing from you!