The 2016 election of the ISB Executive Committee (EC) will be held in September.
The Executive Committee is composed of nine (9) members, each with a 3-year term. Being a member of the Executive Committee is a great way to become directly involved with the work of our society, and contribute to the decisions that are taken on behalf of the biocuration community. We would like to encourage all members interested in running for election to get involved in the process.
This year, there are two (2) open positions, as the terms of Claire O’Donovan and Mike Cherry come to completion.
We encourage nominations from diverse geographical regions, disciplines, and career level/position. We aim to have the ISB executive committee be representative of our membership. Anyone is encouraged to self-nominate or nominate another. The Nominating committee will be taking diversity into account when they make their recommendations.
2016 Electoral Process
A) The Nominating Committee:
The Nominating Committee (NC) was formed to oversee the electoral process, to review applications, and establish the final list of candidates. We are very grateful for their assistance with the execution of this election. The members of the 2016 Nominating Committee are:
- Kimberly Van Auken
- Frederic Bastian
- Doug Howe
- Ruth Lovering
- Jingchu Luo
B) Instructions to Candidates:
- If you would like to run for a position on the Executive Committee, you must first register your intent with the NC via email.
- Submit a ‘Statement of Intent’ where you outline your motivations to join the EC and your intended contributions to the group; also include a brief biographical sketch.
- Complete a ‘Conflict of Interests’ statement describing any activities, memberships of other associations, editorial positions on journals, etc.
- Completed nominations will be received until 7 September, 2016.
- The NC will review all candidacies and share their selections with the ISB membership on 14 September, 2016.
- Voting will take place online over the course of one week on 21 – 28 September, 2016. (Further details about the voting process will be shared soon).
- Only paying members with registration fees cleared on or before 19 September, 2016 will be entitled and allowed to vote. If you pay your registration via bank transfer, please allow at least 2-3 working days for the payment to be processed.
The Nominating Committee is looking forward to receiving your applications!