Our aim is to promote Equity, Diversity and Inclusion across the Society and the broader community.
Yvonne Bradford, University of Oregon, USA
Rachael Huntley, SciBite, UK
Monica Munoz-Torres, University of Colorado, USA
Sushma Naithani, Oregon State University, USA
Mary Ann Tuli, GigaScience, HK & OUP, UK
Nicole Vasilevsky, University of Colorado, USA
Roxanne Yamashita, NIH/NCBI, USA
Past Committee Members:
Sara El-Gebali, EBI, UK
Robin Haw, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Canada
Peter McQuilton, Oxford, UK
Ilene Mizrachi, NCBI, USA
Shashikant Pujar, NIH/NCBI, Bethesda, MD, USA
Lorna Richardson, University of East Anglia, UK
Marc Robinson-Rechavi, Lausanne, CH
Andrew Su, Scripps Research Institute, USA
EDI meeting minutes are available here
Presentations and Publications:
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in Biocuration Webinar. Presentation by Nicole Vasilevsky, Rachael Huntley and Moni Munoz-Torres, May 11, 2020. A recording is available here. Brainstorming results are here.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Workshop. Presentation by Mary Ann Tuli from GigaScience and the ISB Executive Committee at the Biocuration2019 conference.
- Sharing our experiences of driving equality, diversity and inclusion. Presentation by Saher Ahmed from Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
ISB Recommendation on Limiting Alcohol During Professional Events
View the recommendation here.
Select Relevant Publications:
- Improving Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Biocuration. Workshop proposal for Biocuration2020 conference.
- A Report on the Gender Balance at the International Society for Biocuration Annual Conferences. Publication by Rachael Huntley and EDI subcomittee.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee. (2019, May 17). Response to NIH Request for Information: Institutional Accountability to Promote Inclusive Excellence. Zenodo. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.2875900
- Guidelines for ISB conference organizers for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
For a more extensive list of resources, click here