The International Society for Biocuration (ISB) is happy to announce that nominations are now open for the 2020 Biocuration Career Awards. Please note that the Exceptional Contribution award is made biannually and will next be presented in 2021.
Biocuration Career Award
The Biocuration Career Award recognizes biocurators in non-leadership positions who have made sustained contributions to the field of biocuration.
The recipient will be invited to give a presentation at the Biocuration 2020 Conference, with expenses paid by the ISB.
The nominations will be reviewed by the ISB Award Committee, comprised of one member of the ISB’s Executive Committee (ISB-EC) and six (6) additional members from the wider research community; these members will be nominated by the ISB-EC based on diversity in area of expertise, organization type, role, and geographic location.
Who can nominate and/or be nominated?
- Any currently active ISB member may nominate anyone in the field of biocuration, whether the potential nominee is a member of ISB or not.
- Members of the ISB can make no more than 1 nomination.
- Those who hold Principal Investigator or Group Leader positions are not eligible for the Biocuration Career Award.
- Those who hold Principal Investigator or Group Leader positions are intended recipients for the Exceptional Contribution Award.
- Current members of the Executive Committee or the ISB Award Committee are not eligible for this award.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
How to submit your nomination:
- Nominations should be sent via email to the award committee at email@example.com with the subject line “Biocuration Award Nominations”.
- The nomination email should contain the following fields:
- Nominator details (name, e-mail and affiliation, member of ISB);
- Nominee details (name, e-mail and affiliation);
- Short list of scholarly contributions (a maximum of 50 words);
- Brief description of why you are recommending this person (a maximum of 350 words).
Deadline for submitting nominations: Friday 22-February-2020