The Executive Committee of the International Society for Biocuration is recruiting a part-time administrator (20 hours / month) to assist with us with a few tasks of paramount importance to all our members.
We are looking for a highly organized, enthusiastic candidate with demonstrated ability to work well independently.
Details and requirements about this exciting opportunity are included below, and a flier is also available here. Please help us spread the word!
Your colleagues at the ISB Executive Committee
Position title: ISB Administrator
This position will be responsible for managing and carrying out specific objectives of the International Society for Biocuration (ISB) . This position will report to the Executive Committee (EC) of the ISB.
– Coordinate communications with ISB members
– Preparation of agenda and minutes of EC meetings
– Project management associated with EC decisions and initiatives
– Generating and soliciting web site content
- Basic qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree or 2 years experience in similar position
– Ability to work independently
– Highly organized
– Reliable access to high speed internet for videoconferencing
- Preferred qualifications
– Experience in communications, project management and outreach for supporting scientific societies
– Background in life sciences, bioinformatics, and/or data science
– Experience with WordPress
- Position details
– Part-time: 20 hours / month
– Pay: commensurate with experience
– Location: Work remotely from anywhere
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter, including the names of two professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ISB Administrator.” All applications received by 2017-10-27 will be given full consideration, and applications will be accepted until the position is filed.