The International Society for Biocuration
is proud to announce the first
Biocuration Career Award.
The Biocuration Career Award recognizes biocurators in non-leadership positions who have made sustained contributions to the field of biocuration.
The nominations will be reviewed by the newly formed ISB Award Committee, comprised of one member of the ISB’s Executive Committee (ISB-EC) and six (6) additional members from the wider research community; these members were nominated by the ISB-EC based on diversity in area of expertise, organization type, role, and geographic location.
Who can nominate and/or be nominated?
- Any currently active ISB member may nominate anyone in the field of biocuration, whether the potential nominee is a member of ISB or not.
- Members of the ISB can make no more than 1 nomination per year.
- Those who hold Principal Investigator or Group Leader positions, or who are current members of the ISB Executive Committee or the ISB Award Committee, are not be eligible for this award.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
How to submit your nomination:
- Nominations should be sent via email to the award committee at intsocbio [at] gmail.com with the subject line “Biocuration Career Award Nominations“.
- The nomination email should contain the following fields:
- Nominator details (name, e-mail and affiliation, member of ISB);
- Nominee details (name, e-mail and affiliation);
- Short list of scholarly contributions (a maximum of 50 words);
- Brief description of why you are recommending this person (a maximum of 350 words).
The recipient of the award will be invited to give a presentation at the following International Biocuration Conference, with all expenses paid by the ISB.
Important Dates for 2016
Deadline to submit nominations: Sunday 20-March-2016
Award Announcement: April, 2016 at the 9th International Biocuration Conference
The 2016 ISB Award Committee.
The 2016 “Biocuration Career” Award Committee are:
Melissa Haendel (Chair)
Kimberly Van Auken