The International Society for Biocuration and the 1st UK-local Biocuration Conference invite current ISB members to apply for Travel Fellowships to attend this year’s conference at the Wellcome Genome Centre, Hinxton.
We are pleased to provide current ISB members with a travel fellowship opportunity. We intend to support up to 2 applicants. Students and junior curators are encouraged to apply. Selections will be prioritized by financial need.
Please note that applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
Each award will be issued as reimbursement for up to £500 per fellowship depending on the costs of your registration and travel (e.g. hotel, flight, and ground transportation).
- ISB Travel Fellows must be able to cover their own conference registration fees and travel cost before attending the conference. ISB Travel Fellows will then submit receipts to request a reimbursement from ISB. Save your receipts!
- A traveller’s check, or a bank transfer for up to £500 – depending on your registration and travel costs – will be arranged for ISB Travel Fellows.
- The Biocuration Travel Fellowships Committee will advise you on how to receive these funds as reimbursement at the end of the conference.
Requirements and Procedures
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be an active ISB member.
- The applicant must have been selected for a poster or oral presentation at the 1st UK-local Biocuration Conference.
- Only the presenting author from a multi-author abstract may apply for a fellowship.
- The applicant must submit an accompanying letter explaining why they are requesting travel funds and how they envision that attending the Biocuration Conference will benefit their career.
Application Deadline: application form must be submitted on or before 16th March 2022.
Submit an abstract – Before submitting your travel fellowship application
A condition of the award is that a successful applicant agrees to provide a photograph of themselves and a brief summary of the work they presented and their experience of the conference. The photograph and extracts from their summary will be made public on the ISB website and circulated by email to the ISB distribution list.
Notification of award will be sent via email by 20th March 2022 and announced on the ISB website after acceptance of the award.
If the event is cancelled – full registration fee refunds will be issued. However, please ensure that any bookings you make for accommodation and travel are fully refundable, as it is possible that this meeting will be cancelled at the last minute. The organisers will not cover any financial losses due to cancellations.