Opportunity for curation
Resource: UniProt https://www.uniprot.org/
The UniProt Knowledgebase (UniProtKB) contains a vast amount of protein sequence and function information. Expert curation in UniProtKB includes a critical review of experimental data from the literature as well as predicted data from sequence analysis tools. A representative set of publications is selected as evidence for the data. Thus, many literature articles with potentially relevant content may not be associated with a protein entry.
Help us improve our resource for the community and receive credit for it.
We have the proteins and you have the expertise. You can now use that expertise by adding publications to protein entries.
What you need:
- ORCID, this is your researcher personal ID (used for validation and for credit)
- a protein of interest
- a publication with PubMed ID (PMID) about the protein of interest. You don’t have to be the author of the publication
What to do:
- Identify the protein of interest in UniProt
- Select “Add a publication” link on top right of the entry page
- Login with ORCID
- Enter PubMed ID (PMID) to retrieve publication
- Confirm that the publication is correct and it is about the protein of interest
- Select the topics the paper is about
- Add short statements about protein name, function, disease, or other, as described in the publication
Here is a sample of a blank submission form: https://community.uniprot.org/bbsub/sampleform.html
Your publication will be displayed on the UniProt entry publication page, under community with your ORCID as contributing source for the publication and information.
with your ORCID as contributing source for the publication and information.
Publications submitted can be tracked here.
Follow growth of contributions here.
Learn more here: