By Scott Edmunds, GigaScience
Journals generally ignore reviewers emailing them up but there are ways of showing you are keen on peer review and making yourself more discoverable.
- You can register with journals of interest and provide a lot of keywords in their system so they’ll pick you up when they do reviewer searches on their system.
- You can also register with Publons and provide a lot of keywords there. Several journals use the Publons reviewer search tool, so that will make you a popular reviewer.
- Publons has the functionality to allow you to signal to specific journals you’d like to review for them.
- Register with Review Commons
- To review preprints, post on PREREVIEW