The International Society for Biocuration and The Ninth International Biocuration Conference are pleased to provide current ISB members with travel fellowships for students, junior curators, curators from low-income countries, and from countries suffering from natural disasters.
We intend to support a total of twelve (12) applicants.
Please note that applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
– A total of twelve travel awards will be issued. Eight (8) awards of up to CHF1,000 and four (4) with up to CHF500 as micro-grants.
– The Amount per travel fellowship will depend on registration and travel costs. Funds will be transferred on a reimbursement basis and receipts will be required.
Requirements and procedures:
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
– The applicant must be a current ISB member. To sign up, go to http://biocuration.org/membership/membership-levels/
– The applicant must have been selected for a poster or oral presentation at the 9th International Biocuration Conference.
– Only the presenting author from a multi-author abstract may apply for a fellowship.
– The applicant must submit an accompanying letter explaining why s/he is requesting travel funds: please remember we are encouraging junior curators, curators originating from low-income countries, and curators from countries suffering from natural disasters.
– Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Travel Fellowships to Biocuration 2016‘.
Note: The applicant should review visa requirements and make any necessary arrangements of her/his own.
Application deadline: 4 March, 2016
Notification of acceptance: 11 March, 2016
Conference Dates: 10-14 April, 2016